Blustream raced onto the UK scene for HDMI distribution back at ISE 2015. Since then the brand has quickly established itself with a market leading offering of HDMI and HDBaseT distribution solutions. EI Live 2016 is now providing the platform for Blustream to showcase their new Multicast UHD video over IP solutions. The market for video over IP is growing rapidly and with technological advancements making the solution more and more viable this growth is set to continue.
The new Multicast UHD solution from Blustream certainly looks impressive from the outset. Multicast will deliver virtually latency free distribution of HDMI video over a 1GB Network switch. Using lossless compression technology, Multicast delivers HDMI, Bi-directional IR and RS-232 up to lengths of 100m over a single CAT cable. The products can be powered via PoE from the Network switch or locally should the switch not support PoE
Blustream Multicast UHD has 4 operational modes -
- Matrix distribution with unlimited configuration options (Requires 1GB network switch)
- Video wall presentation (Requires 1GB network switch)
- One-to-one HDMI extender (No network switch required)
- One-to-many HDMI distribution (No network switch required)
Key product features -
- Supports 4K UHD video up to 100m
- Analogue L/R audio breakout
- LAN loop out for one-to-many extender mode
- Bi-directional IR and RS-232
- PoE (Power over ethernet) to power Blustream products from PoE switch
- Scaling capabilities for each receiver
- Supports all HDMI audio formats including Dolby TrueHD, Dolby Digital Plus and DTS-HD Master Audio transmission
Its clear the Blustream team are excited by the launch of Multicast. Toby Leader, Global Product Manager at Blustream summarised, ‘ We have worked for over 12 months on the development of Multicast with the objective of getting it just right for our installation partners. The Video over IP platform has progressed significantly during the last 3 years and we felt the technology was now stable enough to develop a market leading product with all of the values associated with the Blustream brand. We have successfully been able to push the boundaries of what can be expected from Video over IP solutions by including full 4K UHD support, vastly superior latency performance and features such as audio breakout, resolution scaling on each receiver and integrated video wall processing’.
Blustream Multicast is being launched exclusively at EI Live and will be followed up with a series of UK training roadshows throughout July. Visitors at the show can get hands on experience of both the product and the installation software. Stock is due in the UK and available to specify by the end of July.
For more information about Multicast or any other Blustream solution please contact Blustream at firstname.lastname@example.org or alternatively call 0115 824 7000.